Welcome to our ProShop League Shooters website!
Have you been wanting a little more out of your range practice? Have you been interested in shooting sports or maybe just wanted to start getting into competitive shooting? Well this league is perfect for beginners and more seasoned shooters. Our League is about Community… meeting other people, friendly Competition… shooting against others (However, the person you are really shooting against is yourself!), and Skill Building… getting better at something you already enjoy doing!
We’re working to create a great experience for everyone that joins. We have prizes, reasonable entry fees, and divisions for everyone. So if all you have is a “22”, we have a division for you! Are you an old hand with a revolver… YES! We have a division for you too!
Joining the league is simple!
- Come to the Hendersonville Guns & Leather ProShop by 6:30pm any Monday night that we are shooting the league to register for shooting.
- Fill out a wavier and score sheet for every Division you will be competing in. ($15 per firing course, in each division.)
- Sit through Safety Briefing. (*No loaded firearms in Classroom during Safety Briefing.)
- Head to the range for the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season.
*Rental firearms and ammunition is available for purchase.
ProShop Shooters LEAGUE RULES
PSSL provides people with an opportunity to shoot within a structured environment,
enhance their shooting skills and develop safe habits with the handling of firearms.
REMEMBER THE 3 FUNDAMENTAL RULES OF HANDGUN SAFETY!!
- ALWAYS KEEP THE WEAPON POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL ON TARGET AND READY TO FIRE.
- ALWAYS KEEP THE WEAPON UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE.
ProShop Shooters LEAGUE SAFETY RULES AND PROCEDURES
- If you have not registered with Guns & Leather Pro Shop, you must check-in at the front counter. Your identification and release waiver must be on file before participating with the league.
- You are expected to have a thorough understanding of the functions and features of the firearm you intend to use for the league. It is also your responsibility to ensure that the firearm and ammunition are functional and safe.
- No loaded weapons or magazines are allowed in the classroom during the safety briefing. The loading/unloading of magazines and weapons will be done ONLY in the range.
- While on the range, obey all range commands by the Range Safety Officers. Failure to do so could result in disqualification.
- You may uncase or handle your firearm ONLY AT THE BENCH. If you are not in the booth, return to the bench and ensure the firearm is pointed down-range before handling it.
- Keep the muzzle of your firearm pointed down-range at all times, while you are in the shooting booth, whether it is loaded or not, even when storing it.
- Do not load your firearm (or reload between strings of fire) until the Range Officer gives you the command to do so.
- NEVER place a loaded firearm on the bench – if you want to put it down, keep the slide locked back (or the cylinder open). This is especially true when dealing with malfunctions or reloading.
- If you are in a situation where you are not sure of what to do, seek the assistance of a Range Officer. Ask, or simply raise your weak hand and wait for assistance, keeping your firearm pointed down-range. Don’t assume anything and always act as safely as possible.
- Do not step forward of the bench/firing line. If you dropped something into the bay, let a range safety officer know and it will be retrieved by them only.
- TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT RUSH. The Range Officers and staff want to make sure you complete your tasks safely, but without unneeded delay. Don’t be afraid to ask for more time if you need it.
For the safety of ALL participants, if you fail to follow any rules and range commands, you may be asked to leave the range, face corrective action, and withdraw from the League entirely.